The Corsa Nanotech is the most advanced mountaineering ice axe on the market. It merges the hyperlight properties of aluminum construction with a Sandvik Nanoflex steel reinforced tip and spike for a solid grip on hard snow and ice. The steel components dramatically increase the performance of these critical points without significantly increasing the weight of the axe. The single-curve shaft provides extra clearance without interfering with walking or plunging performance. A lightweight nylon spike plug keeps snow out of the shaft. The grip is machined for good handling and a small slot in the head allows for seamless integration with the Corsa leash (sold separately). Not suitable for use on vertical ice, mixed terrain or for intense step chipping.
Sandvik Nanoflex® is an innovative steel alloy that is stronger and 25% harder than normal steel which allows for a significant reduction in the amount of metal used, thereby decreasing weight while maintaining strength.
• A technical version of the Corsa with a single-curve shaft and Sandvik Nanoflex steel reinforced tip and spike for a solid grip on hard snow and ice
• Designed for glacier travel and ski mountaineering
• Nylon spike plug keeps snow out of the shaft
• Small head slot for seamless integration with the Corsa leash (sold separately)
• Machined grip for good handling