At Ascent Outdoors, we’re committed to your satisfaction as a customer. If you have a return/exchange request please visit our returns & exchanges page to initiate the process. Thank you!
- Shipping is free for orders over $100, with some exclusions (below).
- There is a standard charge of $6.95 for orders under $100. Please note that some items have adjusted standard shipping costs due to their weight.
Bikes have standard shipping of $99
Backpacks have standard shipping of $19.99
Thule racks have standard shipping of $100 - $350
Kuat racks have standard shipping of $30 - $100
Solo Stoves have standard shipping of $40 - $250
- All Paddle Boards and Paddle have shipping as per their weights
Burley have standard shipping of $30 - $50
- If you need your order by a certain date, please select the appropriate shipping option at checkout
Shipping does NOT include insurance against theft or loss unless you select Shipping Protection at checkout. Shipping protection ONLY insures against loss during transit, not loss or theft after delivery confirmation.
- Select SIGNATURE REQUIRED FOR DELIVERY at checkout to protect against theft of high-value items or in non-secured delivery areas.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES:
We want you to have confidence in your purchase. Go ahead and test your purchase out! If you determine after doing so that the product doesn’t meet your needs, regardless of whether you purchased it from us new or used, bring it back within 30 days of your purchase for store credit. Please see our notes below on final sale items for restrictions. Your store credit will never expire, so when you’re ready, we’ll help you find something that will work for you.
New and unused items in original packaging with tags still attached may be returned within 365 days to receive a refund, exchange, or store credit. Exceptions apply to Garmin/Coros and rock climbing/safety gear.
Please retain all product packaging and tags until you’re completely satisfied with the condition and performance of your purchase. Please return all packaging and tags along with your product.
We will not accept the return of product that has been abused. If your item does not meet our criteria for a return, exchange, or store credit, we may be able to buy it back from you as used gear. (See our Buy / Trade FAQ for more details.) If you believe, however, that your item has a manufacturing defect in its materials or workmanship, please contact us at any time to initiate a warranty evaluation. Please see our Warranty Policy for details.
Locate Your Return:
All returns require proof of purchase: store receipt, online order number, or gift receipt. We’d also like to know why the product didn’t work out for you.
Don’t have proof of purchase? With the following information, we can try to help you locate proof of purchase:
- Name under which the purchase was placed
- Phone number of the purchaser
- Date and approximate time of the transaction
- Total value on the receipt
- Detailed description of items purchased
Ways to Return:
You have two options to return your items with us:
1. Return in person: You can return your product at our retail location during store hours, regardless of whether you made your purchase in store, online or over the phone. See store location and hours.
2. Mail us your return: Submit your return through our returns & exchanges page for a return authorization (RA). Please include your proof of purchase (receipt number or order number) along with a description of why the product didn’t work out for you. If your purchase is eligible for return, we will supply you with a RA number and an address to mail your package. Please include this RA number, a return address, email address and phone number with your product shipment. Please pack your returned product carefully to receive a refund, exchange, or credit. You are responsible for all return shipping charges.
- Online exchanges and returns for store credit are free! Standard shipping applies to return items for a refund to the original method of payment. In-store returns, exchanges, and used buys are always welcome!
Returns will be refunded to the original method of payment unless you request store credit.
- If you have a gift receipt and we cannot locate the original method of payment to refund the original purchaser, or if you returned product purchased on a canceled or expired credit or debit card, we can issue you a gift card for store credit. The gift card never expires.
- Please note that refunds to credit and debit cards can take up to 5 to 10 business days before you may see the transaction posted on your account. If you haven’t received a refund after this period of time, please check your bank or credit card account one more time. Then contact your credit card company or bank as applicable. If you have done this and still don’t see a refund, please contact us and we will be happy to research the transaction further.
Exceptions to Return & Exchanges:
- For your safety, rock equipment including but not limited to rock climbing hardware, harnesses, slings, and ropes cannot be returned at any time. Helmets and shoes may be returned unworn, with tags and in original packaging. Used or altered ski and avalanche equipment, Air Bags also may not be returned. This includes, but is not limited to custom alterations to boots or foot beds and cut ski poles. However, we may consider returning mounted ski equipment. Used beacons and airbags may not be returned.
Please note that Garmin/Coros Devices and Watches must be unopened and in their original packaging with tags attached. They may be returned new and unused within 30 days to receive a refund, exchange, or store credit Once taken out from the box or activated - devices/watches cannot be returned or exchanged.
- For any manufacturing defects with your Garmin/Coros Device, we can connect you with Garmin/Coros Customer Support to facilitate the warranty process and to help troubleshoot the issue.