Part-Time Warehouse Associate
Ascent Outdoors is Seattle’s oldest backcountry shop with a vision to make climbing, backpacking, skiing & mountaineering accessible and enjoyable for all. In addition to curating the industry’s best gear, we offer ongoing training to our employees, ensuring they remain experts in their ever-developing fields. Customers who come to Ascent Outdoors have the assurance that they will receive the best help in selecting the best gear to equip them on their upcoming adventure. Read more about our history and mission, vision, and values on our website.
This position plays a key role in maintaining our day-to-day store and online order operations. You're responsible for shipping and receiving, helping manage customer inquiries, inventory, organization, restocking, and ordering supplies. To succeed in this position a candidate should be incredibly organized, detail oriented, and able to work well both independently and in a team. This position is part-time, Friday through Monday working on-site at our Interbay warehouse (Seattle).
• Receive incoming products: check shipped product against purchase orders, tag all product, and move it to the sales floor
• Fulfill new orders: Regularly check for web orders and special orders, pull product from sales floor, package, and ship
• Maintain warehouse organization: Backstock excess product appropriately, keep space clean and organized, run daily reports of previous days sales and move any necessary back stock to sales floor
• Supply ordering: Check sales floor, office, and warehouse for missing supplies, order, and stock
• Respond to customer inquiries regarding orders and other miscellaneous comments/concerns
• Restock park and forest passes: reconcile sales to determine amount owed
• Prior warehouse or sales floor experience
• Ability to follow policies and procedures to ensure operations and customer experience
• High attention to detail
• Self-driven and independent worker
• Helpfulness and enthusiasm
• Prior work in the outdoors industry a plus
• Love for the great outdoors
This is a part-time position for four days a week, Friday through Monday. Pay starts at $20/hr, depending on experience. We offer benefits including gym membership discounts, discounts on outdoor gear, and a flexible schedule.
To be considered for this position please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your experience with outdoor recreation and why you want to work in the outdoor industry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put * your name* Application for Part-Time Warehouse Associate in the subject line of the email with your resume and cover letter.