Ascent Outdoors Return Policy
Our commitment to your satisfaction
At Ascent Outdoors, we do our best to find great gear that we can stand behind, and we work hard to help match our customers with the right product for their needs. However, if you’re not completely satisfied with your purchase, we’ll work to make things right.
365 days to exchange or return new, unused product
* It’s simple. If your purchase of new product doesn’t work out, you have 1 year from the date of purchase to exchange or return it in brand new condition* for a full refund.**
*All new product exchanges or returns must be returned in original condition, including manufacturer packaging, tags, documentation and accessories to receive a full refund. But don’t worry. If your product doesn’t meet these criteria and you’re still unsatisfied with it, you can follow our “30-day return policy on used items for store credit” below or see if we are willing to buy your item as used for store credit. See our Buy / Trade FAQ (link) for more details.
**In order to protect the safety of all our customers and ensure the ability to resell returned product, the sale of the following product is final:
- All load-bearing or safety equipment. This includes, but is not limited to: harnesses, ropes, helmets of any kind, quick draws, carabiners, aid-climbing gear, traditional climbing gear, and ice screws. Please be sure of your purchase.
- Altered ski equipment. This includes, but is not limited to custom alterations to boots or foot beds and cut ski poles. However, we may consider returning mounted ski equipment.
30 days to return used items for store credit
We want you to have confidence in your purchase. Go ahead and test your purchase out! If you determine after doing so that the product doesn’t meet your needs, regardless of whether you purchased it from us new or used, bring it back within 30 days of your purchase for store credit. Please see our note on final sale items above for restrictions.** Your store credit will never expire, so when you’re ready, we’ll help you find something that will work for you.
Please retain all product packaging and tags until you’re completely satisfied with the condition and performance of your purchase. Please return all packaging and tags along with your product.
We will not accept the return of product that has been abused. If you believe, however, that your item has a manufacturing defect in its materials or workmanship, please contact us at any time to initiate a warranty evaluation. Please see our Warranty Policy for details.
All returns require proof of purchase: store receipt, online order number, or gift receipt. We’d also like to know why the product didn’t work out for you.
Don’t have proof of purchase? With the following information, we can try to help you locate proof of purchase:
- Name under which the purchase was placed
- Phone number of the purchaser
- Date and approximate time of the transaction
- Total value on the receipt
- Detailed description of items purchased
Ways to return your purchase
You have 2 options to return your items with us:
1. Return in person: You can return your product at our retail location during store hours, regardless of whether you made your purchase in store, online or over the phone. See store location and hours.
2. Mail us your return: Contact Ascent Outdoors (form at the bottom of the page) for a return authorization (RA). Please include your proof of purchase (receipt number or order number) along with a description of why the product didn’t work out for you. If your purchase is eligible for return, we will supply you with a RA number and an address to mail your package. Please include this RA number, a return address, email address and phone number with your product shipment. Please pack your returned product carefully to receive a full refund. You are responsible for all return shipping charges.
Receiving your refund
All returns will be refunded to the original method of payment. If you have a gift receipt and we cannot locate the original method of payment to refund the original purchaser, or if you returned product purchased on a canceled or expired credit or debit card, we can issue you a gift card. The gift card never expires.
Please note that refunds applied to credit and debit cards can take up to 5 to 10 business days before you may see the transaction posted on your account. If you haven’t received a refund after this period of time, please check your bank or credit card account one more time. Then contact your credit card company or bank as applicable. If you have done this and still don’t see a refund, please contact Ascent Outdoors and we will be happy to research the transaction further.